....Wishing you a life full of good health and happiness....

November 02, 2011

Newborn dies after acidic delivery!

MURSHIDABAD: In a shocking incident, once again West Bengal came into light in connection with the medical negligence! A newborn baby died in a sub-divisional hospital after mother was allegedly cleaned with an acidic solution instead of disinfectant. Carbolic Acid that was used instead of Dettol to clean the woman after her delivery.

Officials denied the allegation but ordered a probe into the matter. According to Lalbagh sub-divisional officer, Charanjit Ghosh, a formal accusation has been made that Sikha Devi was subjected to pre-delivery cleaning by the Lalbagh sub-divisional Hospital staff with an acidic solution which caused the death of her baby. A medical board under the hospital superintendent has been set up to probe the matter. 

The private parts of a woman 've been burnt due to negligence of the hospital staff in Murshidabad. According to the hospital staff, the bottle of acid was kept in place of Dettol at the hospital to disinfect during delivery. 

The verbal complaint was made by Sikha Devi's family members. Ghosh, however, claimed no acidic solution was used & the baby boy probably died as it was underweight & premature. As per initial reports, no acidic solution was used. The baby was born premature & also under weight.

The woman was admitted to Lalbagh following her labour pain on Monday at around 1pm IST. She delivered a male baby on the same day at around 6pm IST. The baby died soon after birth. It is alleged that the hospital staff had used acid instead of Dettol or Savlon.  

The incident comes in wake of series of crib deaths in West Bengal recently. Between October 25-28, the B.C.Roy Children's hospital - the only children's referral hospital in Kolkata.- witnessed 16 deaths. The Burdwan Medical College & Hospital had 12 infant deaths October 27-28. Earlier, on June 18 babies had died at the B.C.Roy Children's Hospital. Following the deaths, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee -who also holds the death portfolio - had ordered probe & so on both occasions, the hospital authorities were absolved of any wrong practice! 

1 comment:

pramod said...

very concerned issue brought up. It is a menace, and stringent action ought to be taken for negligence, so that no such things occur again.

.ıllı. KSRealityBites .ıllı.

Blog Ratings 5/5

© 2009 - Forever | KSRealityBites | Stalk Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter | No Part of this site can be reproduced in whole or in part in any form or medium!